- Community Info & Services
- Pendine Council
- Pendine Story
- Events and What’s On
- Contact Us
Pendine Museum of Speed
The museum overlooks the long beach made famous by the world land speed record. The main exhibit is Parry-Thomas’s ‘Babs’, the car which took that record in 1926.
The next year, Babs was buried in the sands after Parry-Thomas was killed in another speed attempt. After 42 years she was restored to her former glory.
The museum is open Easter to the end of September and Babs is usually on show from the 4th of July onwards. Do check in advance to avoid disappointment.
Bus service 222 connects Carmarthen to Pendine.
Bus service 351 connects Tenby to Pendine.
Seasonal entry charges may apply
This season the museum will be open between Saturday, 1st April and Sunday, 5th November.
10am-5pm (closed between 1-1:30pm)
- April: We are open every day except Monday, 3& 24
- May: We are open every day except Monday, 8, 15 & 22
- June, July, August: Open every day
- September: Tuesday – Sunday
- October: Tuesday – Sunday and Monday 31
- November: We are open until Sunday 5.
Museum of Speed
Pendine SA33 4NY
Tel: +44 (0)1994 453488 (April – October)
Tel: +44 (0)1267 228696 (Museum Service)